did his B.V.A from Rabindra Bharati University, Kolkata in 1993. Since then he has been showcasing his creative artworks in the galleries of all over India. He is a very important Modern Indian Artist. At the first stage he was influenced by the Western Modernistic idioms, but gradually came to the contention that to create proper identity of expression some kind of rootedness to tradition is essential. His search for the root started since then. He delved deeper into the mystical thoughts of Indian Philosophy and religious traditions. He also explored the rich heritage of folk-lore and myth submerged in our historic and pre-historic past. He got a spiritual bent of mind. His travels to different places might have induced him towards search for a mystic truth. His chromatic exposures and formation of textures are very rich and has opened a new direction in our Modernistic Identity. His paintings create a continuum, bypassing the risk of self-duplication. Each time a new face of the same theme is presented, thus affording a fresh perspective into his repertoire. Yet his artwork is significant for creating a space for itself, and an aesthetic haven for its viewers.Solo Exhibitions :
Group Exhibitions :
- Academy of Fine Arts (Kolkata) 1997, 1999, 2000, 2002, 2004, 2008, 2011.
- Chemould Art Gallary (Kolkata) – 1999, 2003, 2006, 2008.
- Chitrakoot Art Gallery (Kolkata), 2009
- Kamalnayan Bajaj Art Gallery, Mumbai 2010.
- South-City Art Gallery, 2011, Kolkata.
Cross-Border Exhibitions :
- Birla Academy of Art & Culture (kolkata)1998, 2004, 2005, 2007, 2009, 2010 and 2011.
- Academy of Fine Arts (kolkata)-2005 & 2010
- Annual Exhibition at Indian Oriental Art (kolkata) - 2000.
- Opening Exhibition at Basirhat Municipalty Art Gallery Inaugurated by Chintamani Kar-1999.
Indian Group of Artists, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2004.Workshops :
Sravasti Art & Culture Group Attended 2002 to 2011.Awards :
He has been a recipient of Artist of the Year by Rabindra Bharati University in 1998.Collections :
His works are to be found in the collection of Tata Steel, TCS, Price Water Coopers, Emami Group, Andrew Yule, ABN-AMRO Bank etc. Apart from Indian Collectors, he has many other Art Collectors in Abroad—Germany, Sweden, Australia, UK, USA, Singapore etc.